This Creamy Smoked Oyster Dip with thyme, lemon zest, pink peppercorns, and smoked paprika is a quick and delightful spread for any occasion!
Hey everyone! I hope you all are doing great. First of all, let me congratulate you on the official spring! I fact, I didn’t realize the astronomical spring was March 19th this year, until two days later. On a side note, it doesn’t look a lot like spring yet. Speaking of spring, we’re going to have possibly up to 10 cm of snow!
It’s going to be really nice and warm soon. In meanwhile, let’s enjoy this irresistibly delicious and decadent Creamy Smoked Oyster Dip. You will need just 5 minutes to make it, and it’s packed with flavour and texture. Basically, this is a combination of cream cheese and smoked oysters (You can also use smoked mussels.) Plus, you are going to need just a few aromatic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Lemon, fresh thyme, and crushed pink peppercorns do elevate the flavour profile of this Creamy Smoked Oyster Dip.
Serve this dip with some toasted baguette, crackers, or whatever you fancy as an appetizer or even light meal. And don’t forget some white wine!
Cheers for now.
- 450 gr. cream cheese (Plain of with garlic&herbs), at room temperature
- 3-4 jars × 80 gr smoked oysters, drained and divided
- Zest of 1 lemon + to more to garnish, grated
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pink peppercorns, divided
- Place the cream cheese in a blender and pulse 15-20 seconds.
- Add the 1/2 of the oysters, lemon zest and juice, thyme, paprika, and peppercorns and process about 30-40 seconds, until smooth. Try and add some salt if necessary (I didn’t use any.)
- Reserve 1-2 tbsp of oysters to garnish, and add the remaining into the blander. Pulse just for a couple of times, to coarsely mince them.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl or container. Course chop 1-2 tbsp. of reserved oysters. Garnish the dip with the oysters, more lemon zest, thyme, and peppercorn.
- Serve with toasted bread of your choice.
- Keep refrigerated.