Creamy Chicken Porcini Pasta is a hearty, aromatic, and luscious dish for a chilly and gloomy winter night.
Hi, friends! I hope you are doing well, and I certainly hope you’re ready for the weekend. What did you say? Aren’t you ready? Not a problem. I have a quick solution for you. You just need to make this Creamy Chicken Porcini Pasta to make the weekend outstanding.
Also, I’d like to thank you for your excitement about some of the recipes I am going to post shortly. I have partly good news for you. I have found a note on the ingredients for those carrot cookies. But it’s not full. I bet at least 1/3 of the ingredients are missing. I must have been interrupted by something highly important. Like gobbling up some of those cookies. I also found 3 other folders with photographs…which mean +3 recipes in the list (See #8-10).
- Baked pasta
- Another twist on my cheese savory cookies/biscuits
- Another twist on naan pizza
- Baked stuffed pasta (Possibly I discard this one as I am not fully satisfied with the pics)
- Twist on tiramisu (Possibly I discard this one as I haven’t checked the pictures)
- Fabulously delicious carrot cookies (Will likely discard this one as I cannot find the recipe/proportions I used)
- Another twist on fruit/berry curd (Will probably post as it has – a spoiler alert – a beautiful vibrant yellow&orange color)
- Persimmon salad (Delicious one, but the pictures are very boring. Will see)
- Cookie truffles (Will not post as I screwed the pictures)
Creamy Chicken Porcini Pasta
Today I decided to handle the recipe number 1 from this list because this utterly delicious and creamy Creamy Chicken Porcini Pasta would be the perfect meal for Friday or Saturday night. Porcini are amazing mushrooms for any pasta. Fresh porcini are also very expensive and hard to find in the stores during winter. There’s the perfect solution – buy some dry porcini! You will need just a little of them to introduce a fabulous flavor. And although the cost for this pasta will be a little over your average dinner, this is a truly luxurious meal which is worth every cent. Trust me, at the restaurant, this will be at least 25 $ for one serving :)
- about 3 cups of pasta
- 2 medium chicken skinless breasts, slice into 1,5-2 thick
- 2/3 cup dried porcini (about 50 gr)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprila
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 4-5 tbsp cream cheese
- Place the porcini in a bowl and add 1,5 cups of hot water (to fully cover). Cover and let stand for about 10-15 minutes. Remove the soften mushrooms and chop if they are large. You can discard the liquid; however, I recommend to stain it few times through a sieve and use it.
- Cook the pasta in the salted boiling water as recommended on package. While measuring of the water, I recommend substituting one cup of water for the filtered liquid - the pasta will be more aromatic.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving about 1 cup of water.
- In a meanwhile, heat the olive oil and 1 tbsp of butter in a pan. Cook the chicken over high medium heat for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low medium. Add the thyme, paprika, pepper, cover, and cook, occasionally stirring, for another 5-7 minutes. Remove the chicken.
- Add the remaining butter and garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the porcini and cook 5 minutes more until fragrant.
- Stir in the cream, cream cheese, and some (start with 1/4 cup) of the reserved pasta water. Let simmer to thicken for about 5-7 minutes.
- Try and season more if needed. Stir in more fresh thyme if desired.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce. Add more of the reserved water if necessary. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.