Rich, delicious, buttery, moderately sweet, with crunchy nuts and slightly tart berries, these Cranberry Pecan Cookies are irresistible Christmas treat which has become the classic in our family.
How are you doing my friends? Have you sent your edible gifts for me? Just for the record, I haven’t got that delicious cake and few pounds of cookies you sent. Could you repeat, please?
Also, aren’t you fed up with all those cookies I’ve been posting on my blog? Oh really? I really am sorry. That’s because (And only because) of Santa. I’ve been trying to please that guy. You should try too.
I’m not going to make you read too many words today, but I’ve got one question.
Do you have your favorite recipes which have been your family classic for years? What is that? Appetizers? Fancy cocktails? Cake? Something lavender? Or maybe cookies?
Cranberry Pecan Cookies
Honestly, I’m that guy who doesn’t like to make one recipe over and over again. It’s kind of boring although I might like most of those I’ve tried.
These Cranberry Pecan Cookies is my exception. I made them on our first Christmas in Canada (In 2012), and I have been baking them every year since that. Normally I make them more than once.
Don’t judge me, though. The combo of butter, sugar, vanilla, pecans, and cranberries is just irresistible. And addicting.
This season I’ve already made these Cranberry Pecan Cookies tree times, and I’m not sure I should stop.
There’s a cool thing about Cranberry Pecan Cookies. If you bake it a few minutes less, they will remain pale and nicely chewy. If you bake them a few minutes longer, they would get that awesome crunchy touch from the outside while being chewy in inside.
Now try these Cranberry Pecan Cookies and let me know which version you like more.
And don’t forget to leave some for Santa. Well, don’t do this or there’s a possibility that Santa will never leave your home once tried this dessert. Because these Cranberry Pecan Cookies the way too addicting. Who needs Santa all year round?
Have a safe and lovely holidays, my friends! Merry Christmas.
- 1 cup unsalted soften butter
- 1/2 cup golden sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup (+-) cake and pastry flour
- little pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- In a bowl, with a mixer cream the butter, sugar, and salt on medium speed, few minutes.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour and mix until the mixture starts to remain dough.
- Add the cranberries and pecans and mix until well combined. Wrap up in plastic and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling-pin. Cut cookies using cookie cutters.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Place the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes (or more, depending on size) or until edges are golden.
- Remove from oven and completely cool.