Looking for a fabulous pasta idea? This luscious and very decadent Chocolate Pasta with Nutella Whiskey Sauce might be the answer you need.
Talking about fabulous things, there are few of them which make me agitated.
First of all, I am having a little vacation starting this Thursday. I’ve got only 4 days off, but you know that 4 days always are better that nothing (or even 2 days).
Secondly, I’m finally going to Halifax to see Andrey after almost a month. Well, that’s definitely the event #1 in this list, but I just wanted to go step-by-step.
Next, we’re going to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary exactly this weekend. Sadly, I won’t be able to make anything delicious like this Crepe cake I prepared last year, but that’s okay. I am quite sure we can stop by at one of the prominent seafood restaurants this time. Well, perhaps I can ask for permission to use the restaurant’s kitchen and make some dessert. What do you think?
Needless to mention, I look forward to discovering Halifax and its vicinity.
Also, it’s going to be the Halifax Pride this weekend, which is a nice bonus too.
Food Pervert or Genius? None!
As you see, there are many reasons to be thrilled about!
However, being a responsible blogger, I do understand that having the vacation does not exempt me from sharing something fabulous. And this Chocolate Pasta with Nutella Whiskey Sauce defends this world.
At first, I was going to make chocolate pasta with fresh strawberries and ricotta or something like that. Then I thought about adding of chocolate spread like Nutella, and the idea sounded great!
I decided to google the idea assuming it would say I was either a genius or food pervert. The result was rather disappointing – Google said this idea had already been on the Internet. Not a lot of recipes, but anyways that wasn’t the unique one (Indeed, no wonder if Nutella pizza exists!)
I think I still managed to add a little fresh twist by a good drizzle of whiskey!
Chocolate Pasta with Nutella Whiskey Sauce
That’s right. Chocolate pasta, Nutella, cream, raspberries, hazelnuts, and chocolate mint mixed together. Did I forget whiskey?
That’s Chocolate Pasta with Nutella Whiskey Sauce.
Need to say more?
Are you planning something amazing this weekend?
Have you ever tried chocolate pasta?
- 1 cup durum semolina
- ½ cup dutch dark cocoa
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour + more (up to 1/2 cup) for kneading
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 10% cream
- 1/3 cup Nutella or similar spread
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon whiskey
- fresh raspberries, hazelnuts, chocolate mint, and edible flowers to garnish
- Place the semolina, cocoa, and all-purpose flour in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center. Brake the eggs into it. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- With a whisk, gradually mix the dry ingredients with the eggs. When the dough becomes too thick to handle with a whisk, continue with your hands.
- Gradually adding the flour (Do not add all at once - you may need less that 1/2 cup), knead the dough on a floured surface, for about 10 minutes.
- Roll in a ball, cover, and let stand 20-30 minutes.
- If using a pasta machine, follow the instructions to roll the dough out and then cut (Long type of pasta like fettuccine or linguine). If you don't have a pasta machine, roll the dough very thin using a rolling pan and then cut in strips.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water just 3-4 minutes.
- While the pasta is being cooked, in a saucepan place the cream and nutella over low heat until combined and smooth. Add the whiskey and hazelnut extract and let it simmer for a minute. Off heat.
- Combine the pasta with sauce and let stand one minute. Garnish and serve.
*This amount pf pasta is enough for 3-4 servings. You can cook all pasta at once (Note that the sauce would be enough for 1-2 servings) or cook the needed amount while keeping the remaining in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer much longer.