These rich, delicious, and luscious Chocolate Lavender Protein Pancakes will appreciate all chocolate lovers.
I hope you all are doing fine enjoying the last week of the official summer. The weather has been surprisingly hot lately in Toronto. Many of July – August days weren’t as warm as they are now.
However, if you’re rather having gloomy and damp days, these Chocolate Lavender Protein Pancakes will certainly make you a little happier.
Wait. Have you noticed anything unusual? No, I’m not talking about lavender. The word “protein”!
There’s a thing. I’m totally fine with all these supplements and healthy foods people seem to be having a kick on. Moreover, I do take some of this stuff too.
As such, a few months back I was buying something for myself. That store often gives some little packages to promote the products, so I wasn’t surprised to have got one. My excitement didn’t last too long when I found out it was a package of chocolate protein powder.
There’s something that sounds a little gross to me. I consume a lot of poultry, tuna, yogurt, egg whites, legumes, and other things that are high in proteins. I even can have a protein granola bar once in a while (Although some of them might taste weird). However, the powdered protein sounds quite obnoxious to me. I don’t want to upset food bloggers who often incorporate protein in their recipes. These recipes and pictures 99% look and sound amazing! Except for this keyword “protein”.
Chocolate Lavender Protein Pancakes
Ironically, I was a happy owner of a large package of chocolate protein now!
First, I had been hiding it in the pantry between the other stuff. I might have hoped it would disappear one day (As chocolate and Irish cream tend to do). Nope, it didn’t.
Having been ignoring this desired package, I finally gave up and decided to give it a try. Obviously, I didn’t want to make a delightful cocktail or smoothie for a post-workout meal (grrrr). Instead, I decided to incorporate it in these Chocolate Lavender Protein Pancakes.
And you know what? It wasn’t bad at all. As the matter of fact, the pancakes turned out scrumptious and luscious. Chocolate, blueberries, and lavender make a beautiful combo. It’s just like eating…any normal chocolate pancakes, only a little healthier version.
So I might try some other protein-based dishes, especially considering the fact I’ve got 2/3 package of this chocolate protein left. Any ideas? In a meanwhile, if you’ve got sweltering weather, you might enjoy another chocolate lavender combo, this Chocolate Lavender Mint Sorbet.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons chocolate wheat protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- honey, to serve
- In a medium bowl combine all the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, protein powder, salt, sugar, soda, and baking powder).
- Mix together the wet ingredients (water, eggs, melted butter).
- Gently stir in the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Add in the blueberries and lavender. Mix just until combined - don't over mix.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat (don't add any fat)
- Drop some batter onto the skillet and leave for a minute or two until some bubbles start to appear on top.
- Flip once and leave for little longer.
- Serve warm with honey if desired.