This Chocolate Lavender Mint Sorbet is a delicious dessert for all chocolate and…lavender lovers!
How are you doing my friends? Are you sad or excited about this summer is gradually wrapping up? I kind of look forward to September, it’s usually a really nice and warm time in Ontario. Besides, we used to live in Russia, where (as in many other countries) fall officially starts on September 1st. I think it’s quite cool to consider the end of summer a few weeks later as per the Canadian, American, and some other country’s tradition. I mean, 3 extra summer weeks won’t hurt anyone, although technically you can feel the beginning of fall already.
However, I’m not ready for apples and pumpkins yet. I have started brainstorming on some apple ideas, but I haven’t done with melons, watermelons, and stone fruit.
Anyway, I have some unpublished summer recipes including pasta, salads, ice cream, and sorbet, so I promise you won’t see apple and pumpkin ideas until end of September on this blog. #Sorrynotsorry
Chocolate Lavender Mint Sorbet
This Chocolate Lavender Mint Sorbet is utterly decadent and luscious even though there’s no any cream or eggs in it. Chocolate sorbet ain’t uncommon thing so you might have tried it before. But I think the chances you have had chocolate and lavender together are rather small.
Indeed, chocolate and lavender are amazing friends, and I will not get tired saying this to you. Neither of them overpowers when they are together. Also, I infused this sorbet with fresh mint (specifically, chocolate mint) since it beautifully works with both chocolate and lavender. Truly sophisticated and delicate combo!
I cannot say this Chocolate Lavender Mint Sorbet is a healthy dessert (I don’t really trust ice cream which is healthy), still thanks for not adding heavy cream, I can say that being a decadent treat, this dessert is a little healthier than ice cream made with real cream and milk.
Lastly, definitely, all this chocolate will make you happy, very happy, and you know it’s so important to be happy. So happy chocolate sorbet, everyone!:)
- 3,5 cups hot water
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder, sifted
- 70-100 gr. dark chocolate (70% and higher), roughly broken
- 1 cup sugar (or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves (I used chocolate mint and melissa)
- 1-1,5 tbsp dry lavender
- Place the lavender and mint in a small pan with hot water. Cover and let stand for at least 1 hour then discard.
- Stir in the cocoa and sugar. Add the chocolate. Place the pan over medium/low medium heat, and constantly whisking, heat for a few minutes until the chocolate has fully incorporated. Remove from heat and let fully stand. Once it's cooled, you can try and adjust the sweetness id necessary (If you need more sugar, I recommend adding some powdered sugar). If you have mint/lavender extract, you can add one-two drops if you feel like doing this.
- Place the cooled mixture in a cup of your ice cream maker and turn it on as recommended, for about 25-35 minutes.
- Transfer the sorbet into a container and place in the fridge until fully frozen.