This nutritious and delicious Chicken Liver Salad with avocados, cherry tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, and tangy creamy dressing is packed with the flavour and texture!
Hello, everyone! Happy Monday!
First of all, thank you all for your congratulations on our new home. In fact, I am going to share a few other exciting (Maybe not so epic) news very soon. Just keeping you intrigued, so stay tuned! :)
Today I am going (as most times) to keep it short and simple. Without further ado, let’s enjoy this Chicken Liver Salad! I know that many people don’t like or even detest chicken livers, but they’re so delicious when cooked properly. Needless to say, liver is a super nutritious and cheap protein. Chicken liver reach in folate, iron, zinc, vitamins A and B (Particularly, B12), and some other essential elements.
What is about the flavour and texture profile of this Chicken Liver Salad? Let’s see. We have here:
- Quickly sauteed chicken livers;
- Creamy avocados;
- Juicy and refreshing cherry tomatoes and spinach (Iceberg lettuce would be a great option, too!);
- Hard-Boiled eggs
And probably the best part of this recipe is a simple yet delicious (And unhealthy!) creamy dressing. Have you ever tried a combo of mayo and ketchup? It’s awesome! Also, you can add a little drizzle of strong alcohol like whiskey or cognac. Sounds strange? You should try it! And certainly, you should give this Chicken Liver Salad a try, even if you ain’t a fan of livers (yet).
- 1 lb. chicken livers, washed, drained, trimmed, sinew discarded, halved if large
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- few thyme sprigs
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs, halved or quartered
- 2 cups of spinach or other greens
- salt and pepper
- equal ratio of mayo to ketchup (f.e.1/4 and 1/4 cup)
- optional: a little splash of alcohol like cognac, whiskey, or brandy
- Heat a glug of oil with the butter and thyme a large frying pan. Add the livers in the pan and fry the livers for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned on the outside with very little pink inside. Season with some and pepper. Off heat.
- For the dressing, combine the mayo and ketchup and add a drizzle of alcohol if using.
- In meanwhile, combine the salad, tomatoes, avocados in a bowl.
- Divide the salad between serving plates, top with the warm livers, and eggs.