With this delicious healthy Chicken Celery Grape Salad, you won’t be afraid to face any Blue Mondays!
The Very Blue Monday
First of all, let me congratulate you, friends! It’s Tuesday which means we survived Blue Monday. So it’s the great reason to make this scrumptious Chicken Celery Grape Salad.
Why so, you may kindly ask?
Indeed, did you know that yesterday was a unique day? Well, statically, the 3rd Monday of January is the saddest day of the year. Wow.
As I mentioned in my recent post, this totally makes sense. Unfortunately, January has a slightly sad reputation. It’s a dark and likely cold month which makes us grumpy (I mean try being positive when you leave home when it’s still completely dark and you’re back when it’s already too dark. On a side note, I’ve always said we should work fewer hours while being fully compensated throughout the winter. Who supports this?)
Also, it’s the time when many of us cut down on some food or particular things like sugars, carbs, or fats which makes us grouchy. Tell me I’m not allowed to eat ice cream for whole January, and I will pretty much dislike you for
a long time for good.
Not to mention the fact that the holidays are over, you have already failed some of your new year’s resolutions.
But the major reason of The Blue Monday is that most of the people start to receive their bills and often
hate Christmas regret about some spending. The sad fact: statistically, a lot of people file for consumer proposal or bankruptcy this time.
Chicken Celery Grape Salad
As you see, there are plenty of reasons to be a little sad. And we need some good things happening right now.
Like this Chicken Celery Grape Salad. It’s packed with proteins, textures, and flavors. It doesn’t badly affect your budget too. Soft chicken, succulent grapes, fresh and crispy celery, and toasted almonds – what else do you need for an enjoyable lunch or dinner? Of course, you can grab oranges or mandarins instead of the grapes and any other nuts; walnuts and pecans would exceptionally work.
As for dressing, normally I just go with some plain (greek) yogurt which I sometimes mix with a little of mayo. This time I opted for a more aromatic version and incorporated some chopped jalapeno and cilantro. The dressing worked perfectly in this Chicken Celery Grape Salad!
Okay, my friends, please let me wrap this post up or otherwise I might finish it only next Monday!
I hope you’re doing great, and you don’t feel down. However, if this is happening to you, I am quite sure this Chicken Celery Grape Salad would make you happier!
- 1 large chicken breast; cooked, chilled, and sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup finely sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- a handful of spinach
- 2/3 cup Greek or any plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 (or to taste) small jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- a good pinch of black pepper
- For a dressing, combine the yogurt with mayo, and add the jalapeno, cilantro, and black pepper. Season with a little salt if necessary. Place in the fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl combine the chicken, grapes, and celery. You can serve the salad immediately, but it would be better if you keep it 30-60 minutes in the fridge.
- While serving, sprinkle the salad with the almonds and mix with the dressing.