Extremely sweltering days? Craving for a pizza but don’t want to knead the dough and turn the oven on? This elegant, quick, and super delicious Cherry Smoked Meat Flatbread Pizza is a great option.
Yes, once again this is that time of the year when I tend to keep my posts very short. The official version for you: I prefer to save more time for outdoor activities. Reality: my brain cannot function properly and provide me with coherent ideas and texts. But let’s pretend I haven’t just revealed my dark secret. After all, I brought you this delicious Cherry Smoked Meat Flatbread Pizza – you cannot complain.
Last year I made a similar flatbread pizza with prosciutto and cherries, and there’s another solid idea. This Cherry Smoked Meat Flatbread Pizza combines a few simple yet tasty ingredients which create a very strong flavour profile:
- Montreal-style smoked meat (Although any kind of smoked meat will do);
- Succulent cherries;
- Delicate cream cheese (You can use either plain or with the addition of herbs and garlic);
- Aromatic smoked cheddar;
- Pungent brie (Camembert will do, too);
- Herbs (I used thyme and rosemary, but other herbs will also work);
- I was also planning to add some chopped walnuts, but I totally forgot! Feel free to add them as they will bring some extra texture.
As you see, there are plenty of reasons to be in favour of this recipe. The best part? No mess with the dough and turning your oven for less than 10 minutes.
Did I convince you? What are you waiting for my friends, then? Go and make this Cherry Smoked Meat Flatbread Pizza while the season of fresh cherries still lasts.
- 1 large or 2 medium flatbreads
- 1/2 to 2/3 pitted halved cherries
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (plain or with herbs/garlic)
- 4 to 6 large slices of Montreal-style smoked meat (or similar meat), roughly torn or sliced
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheddar, divided
- about 100 gr. brie, torn
- fresh rosemary and thyme
- Preheat oven to about 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Place the flatbread(s) onto a baking sheet
- Spread the cream cheese and half of the smoked cheese.
- Arrange the meat and cherries.
- Sprinkle with some thyme and rosemary, remaining smoked cheddar, and arrange the brie on top.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until the edges are crispy and browned and the cheese is melted.