This scrumptious Cherry Prosciutto Naan Pizza with herbaceous cream cheese and smoked cheese is a delicious and quick way to fix your pizza craving in summer.
Ouch. Sorry for being rude. I must have lost my manners. Hello, everyone!
The unbearable heat wave and extream humidity are back in Halifax, and it’s not going to be enjoyable for the next couple of days. I know what you are about to say. “Ben, it’s outrageously hot, and you have brought this Cherry Prosciutto Naan Pizza? Bring in some ice cream or lemonade instead!”
I am telling you – this heat isn’t beneficial for my thinking abilities. But if seriously, I have had quite a few cherry ideas to share with you, and I want to do this until the cherry season is over #sadface
If you ask Andrey, he will certainly answer that a flatbread pizza doesn’t belong to this category. It’s a delicious hot sandwich, and that’s it. He doesn’t refuse to eat a flatbread pizza though, especially if “suspicious” (examples: fruit and berries, lavender, or blue cheese) ingredients are not involved. But he refuses to call it a pizza (or even a flatbread pizza). He does belong to an old school.
If you ask me, my answer will be straightforward. You cannot even compare a traditional pizza (with a delicious chewy semolina crust) with any flatbread pizza. They are different worlds. Period.
However, a flatbread pizza is an amazing alternative to a traditional pizza in many situations. Feel lazy? Too hot to knead and stretch the dough? Don’t have enough time? Have a need for a quick pizza craving fix? Name it!
Also, a flatbread pizza can be pretty fancy like this Cherry Prosciutto Naan Pizza. It only combines a couple of ingredients such as cream cheese, cherries, prosciutto, smoked cheddar, and smoked mozzarella, but it tastes phenomenally good. You will also need to turn your oven for only about 7-9 minutes. I think you can deal with that even on a sweltering summer day.
Cheers until next post.
(In a meanwhile, I am going to edit photos to another ice cream recipe. It must feel so refreshing).
- 2 flatbreads such as Naan (low-sodium bread recommended as cream cheese and prosciutto are salty)
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, preferably with herbs and garlic, divided
- 5-6 slices of prosciutto, torn
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheddar and smoked (or regular) mozzarella, each
- Preheat oven to about 180 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Place two flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese. Arrange the pitted cherries and prosciutto. Finish with the smoked cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 7-9 minutes or until the edges are crispy and browned and the cheese is melted.