Sweet succulent cherries, roasted chicken, salty prosciutto, and delicate goat cheese combined in this Cherry Chicken Prosciutto Salad. The refreshing dressing with mixed berries, tarragon, and whiskey, makes this summer plate complete.
Cherry Chicken Prosciutto Salad
Hello, my friends. I hope you are doing well. Well, I have heard that many parts of North America and Europe have been badly affected by heat waves. I hope this refreshing and delicious salad might help to cool you down a bit.
Fun fact. This salad could have been named Cherry Peach Chicken Prosciutto Salad. However, when I finished photographing it, I realized I had forgotten to put peaches. You know that peaches must be the key ingredient in a cherry peach salad. At least I didn’t forget to add the whiskey in that dressing!
Sad fact. It’s been unbearably hot here for over the week. We don’t expect any changes for a while. There was a little relief yesterday, but then “Boom!”, and here we go again. Can I please hibernate until September (I will regularly wake up to absorb more ice cream)?
Also, I’ve been a bad food blogger. While I manage (somehow!) my blog posts twice per week, I haven’t been strong enough to visit most of your new (amazing!) recipes for a couple of days. I open the Bloglovin’ app every night, glance, and…close it hoping that there would be not so unbearably hot next time. But I have a feeling that you have felt the same way lately, haven’t you?
Brain status: dormant!
I am going to be strong and visit at least one or two blogs every day, though. Also, next week I’m posting the only one recipe as it’s awesome, and it deserves to be the star for the entire week. Thus, I will have more time to catch up with reading. Just don’t post every day, please :)
This Cherry Chicken Prosciutto Salad with a luscious boozy berry whiskey dressing is a delicious way to farewell the cherry season. While you can still find some decent cherries in Nova Scotia, their cost is far from being decent. So I believe, I am wrapping up my cherry season this year. That’s all right, though. I am excited about the watermelon season, and they’re still plenty of seasonal stone fruit. And ice cream. Watermelons, light salads, and ice cream are my methods to survive.
How do you fight this heat?
Have you ever forgotten to put an ingredient you originally planned to add?
Cheers for now.
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil (I used chipotle infused)
- Italian seasonings (herbs), smoked paprika, garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 4-6 prosciutto slices, torn into smaller strips
- 1/3 cup goat cheese (I used with peppercorn coating)
- 2/3 cup fresh/frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 7-10 leaves of fresh tarragon
- 2-3 tbps. whiskey
- To make the dressing, just combine the berries, tarragon, and whiskey in a blender and process until smooth. You can add a bit (1 tsp) of water if the dressing turns too thick.
- In a pan melt the butter with oil over high heat. Add the chicken and sear for about 2 minutes from each side, until lightly golden.
- Decrease heat to low medium. Season (herbs, smoked paprika, garlic powder. No salt), cover, and continue cooking for about 7 minutes, flipping occasionally or until cooked through. Off heat and let stand in the pan for another minute then transfer to a board and let rest few minutes until easy to handle. Slice.
- For the salad, combine the cherries and spinach and divide between plates. Arrange the chicken, prosciutto, and goat cheese. Serve with the dressing.