These Cheddar Bacon Maple Cookies are sensationally delicious sweet and savory cookies.
Hi, friends. Finally, I made it to the blog. I was supposed to be working on the second recipe this week, but I’ve just handled the first one.
It’s fine, though. I believe you can forgive me. Cause I’m a nice person. And cause you cannot be angry with me when I’ve got such a fabulous recipe. Cheddar Bacon Maple Cookies.
However, I’m going to keep it short and simple today. It’s been a little hectic week for me to write long posts. Besides, who needs to read an encyclopedia when there are these Cheddar Bacon Maple Cookies? I’m sure you’d rather grab a few of these bad guys.
As the matter of fact, these truly are the bad guys. Because of the cheese. And bacon. And all this bacon fat. And maple syrup. As you see, they ain’t healthy like these Multigrain Breakfast Cookies. Unfortunately, I can also say they are highly addictive. Certainly, you can try making a whole batch and limiting yourself to just a couple of cookies. Oh well. Don’t tell I didn’t warn you.
Cheddar Bacon Maple Cookies
I believe, there’s no need to talk about the flavor. You know that bacon and maple perfectly go together. Also, I found some maple flakes (which I had never seen before) at the bulk store. I decided to sprinkle the cookies with some of these flakes for an additional crunch and flavor, and I was completely right!
The only one thing left to mention, that these Cheddar Bacon Maple Cookies aren’t greasy despite all the fat I used to make the dought. I have no idea how it worked, but honestly, I mostly concerned that these cookies were awesome. And certainly, hope you will try this recipe one day.
- 5 large bacon strips (about 150-170 gr), roughly chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- about 1 and 1/3 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. chilly flakes
- black pepper to taste
- good pinch of salt
- 1 small egg
- 1/2 tsp. cold water
- 3-4 tbsp maple flakes (optional)
- Place the bacon on a dry skillet and cook over low medium heat, turning occasionally and allowing the fat to melt. Off heat. Do not drain as the accumulated fat is used in the dough.
- In a meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cheddar, egg, maple syrup, and seasonings. Mix just until the crumbly texture.
- Stir in the reserved fat (it should be about 2/3 cup; however, if you're a little short of it, you can add some melted butter/coconut oil to reach the needed amount).
- Stir in the bacon. Adjust the seasonings if necessary. Form the dough (and will be tacky) and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F). Roll out the dough about 0,5-07 cm thick and using a cookie cutter, cut the cookies (I used a medium cutter around 5 cm diameter resulted in 20 cookies).
- Brush the top of the cookies with some egg wash and sprinkle with the maple flakes, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-14 minutes depending on size.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool.