With this delicious creamy Carrot Parsnip Soup, I am finally back! Nope, I didn’t have again any issues with the blog. I just caught a cold, and for a few days, I wasn’t in a mood for blogging. Indeed, I wasn’t really in a mood to eat these days either.
But I’m fine now, and I’m ready to share one little yet still exciting news. In a couple of weeks, we are going to have at work a charity lunch where home baked goodies will be sold. Definitely, I am taking part!
Since a great part of my readers are from North America, this event may not sound extraordinary to them. However, I’ve seen this only on tv and in movies before. Exciting, isn’t it?
The question is what should I make? I am not sure about cookies cause I believe most of the folks would be making them. I doubtful about cupcakes since I commute, and cupcakes aren’t the best option for that.
Cheesecake? Mini cheesecakes? Actually, my nice colleagues approved this idea. But what flavor? Chocolate? Cappuccino? Lemon? Dulce de leche (Just love dulce de leche)? Why so many options?
Or perhaps I should opt for some savory baking? Something like cheese cookies or pizza buns or muffins? Or pizza cookies? Does such a recipe exist? Bring it in!
All right. If I choose cookies, what kind of cookies that should be? I’ll need a classic but not too ubiquitous flavor. Sounds unachievable? Dulce de leche? Stop, Ben!
As you see, I have got too many questions and so little answers. I do know the only one thing. Please, take a seat (and it’s a good idea to have a first aid kit near)…because I am not going to make anything lavender. Would you ever have imagined me saying this? Because lavender it’s a bit…eccentric for such a purpose. Right?
So, I obviously need you help guys!
In a meanwhile, I am sharing this healthy hearty Carrot Parsnip Soup. I do like the combo of carrots and parsnips for its unique slightly sweet flavor. However, I added a little of pungent crumbled feta to balance it out. Goat cheese will work too. It’s such a little detail making the difference and lifting this Carrot Parsnip Soup up to another, more sophisticated level. Enough said.
Do you like the combo of carrots and parsnips?
Would you ever consider baking lavender goodies for a charity event?
This delicious creamy Carrot Parsnip Soup served with crumbled feta cheese is easy to make, and it's absolutely healthy too.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots (about pound), peeled and chopped
- 2-3 medium parsnips (about pound), peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or oregano
- salt, to taste
- pink peppercorn, crushed
- feta, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a pot and sauté the onion, 4-5 min. Add the carrots and parsnips and cook them for a few minutes until started to slightly golden.
- Add 5-6 cups of water (you need to cover the veggies), cover and cook at medium heat for about 10-12 minutes or until the veggies are quite soft. Season with the salt to taste. Add the thyme or oregano.
- Remove from heat. Process in the kitchen processor until nice and smooth, stirring in more water to get a thinner consistency.
- Serve sprinkled with the pink peppercorns and feta.