Before we talk about these delicious Christmas Cardamom Crescent Cookies, you should show me your compassion and ultimately help me out. My issue is that I would love to make a lot of Christmas treats this December – more than both of us could possibly consume.
Haha, sure I’m joking. You don’t need to come over – I would send them to you (Please be advised there are going to be some lavender treats too).
Haha, kidding again. I’m such a funny guy today.
My real question is have you ever baked a gingerbread house? Perhaps you have even gotten the recipe on your blog? If yes, please do not hesitate to share it with me.
Cause a gingerbread house is on my list. Basically, next weekend we’re planning to make it. Moreover, we’ve bought almost all the ingredients we could potentially need. I guess the next step is to find the perfect recipe. Some people find a recipe first, but this is the way too right (read: boring), isn’t it?
A few years back I tried to bake it from scratch, but I totally screwed it. Having baked the parts of the future house, I found out some of them had unevenly shrunken. That’s why I’m looking for a good recipe you’ve tried.
In the meanwhile, I’ve got these fantastic Cardamom Crescent Cookies. Does cardamom sound as the perfect Christmas spice to you? If not, you can freely opt for star anise, cinnamon, or something else. But cardamom perfectly works here.
There are just 3 weeks until Christmas, and I haven’t posted any new recipe. What about these Lavender Crescent Cookies? Both these cookies I made last year when I didn’t have the blog yet. I mean, would have you ever ditched some good recipes?
However, I’ve been making something awesome for two weekends in a row, and you are about to find out what’s going to be. Hopefully, one of these treats would be the gingerbread house.
But you should help me first. As a token of appreciation, I will send you a box full of
lavender Christmas cookies. Would you love to try these Cardamom Crescent Cookies? And importantly, would you accept lavender treats?
These delicious Cardamom Crescent Cookies are so delicate and melt-in-your-mouth that you will not notice that moment they have disappeared!
- 1 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, soften
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar + 1/2 - 2/3 cup for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon or more to taste ground cardamom + a good pinch for dusting
- pinch of salt
- Combine the pecans with 1/3 cup of powdered sugar and process in the combine - you'll need the flour texture.
- Beat the butter, vanilla, and cardamom with an electric mixer, until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix with the pecan mixture and the remaining dry ingredients. Beat to blend - the dough will be moist but a bit crumbly. Knead the dough with hands, for a few seconds, just to form the more elastic dough.
- Preheat oven to about 170-175 degrees C (350 degrees F).
- Pinch a small piece from the dough and shape it into a crescent. Repeat with the remaining dough. Place the cookies on a sheet covered with parchment.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and slightly cool. Sift the remaining powdered sugar mixing with a good pinch of the cardamom and generously dust the warm cookies with the sugar. Completely cool and enjoy.