This Caramelized Onion Tuna Naan Pizza with green peas, garlic, aromatic rosemary, and gooey mozzarella is a simple yet delicious dish. You don’t need to spend much time which means more time to relax on your weekend.
Caramelized Onion Tuna Naan Pizza
Hi, friends. Happy weekend! I hope you have started celebrating this truly beautiful part of a week. Certainly, this quick and scrumptious Caramelized Onion Tuna Naan Pizza will make any weekend even better.
But before we talk about this recipe, I’ve got a little question. Are you superstitious? Do you believe that you (someone) can jinx things? Normally, I am not. As the matter of facts, I do love black cats (Remember this Halloween post?)
However, my last post made me think. Do you remember I was bragging about the very lovely weather we were having? That’s true. We had been enjoying spring-y kind of weather. It wasn’t too warm, but the sun, gentle breezes and the temperature above zero introduced that feeling.
Well, did you notice I used the past tenses? That’s because it’s over! It was over the night I published that post. So, yesterday, it was quite nasty outside – the beautiful combo of rain (downpour in fact), snow, gusty winds up to 50 km. Today the rain has continued, but now it’s turning into snow (There’s nothing worse than heavy wet snow). The forecast says we might get up to 20 cm of it this night along with even stronger winds. It looks that it’s going to be this way for a few days.
Now, some of you have left the comments saying they were surprised (jealous?) to hear about spring in our area. Tell me that you cannot jinx things, at least weather, haha.
But you certainly cannot Caramelized Onion Tuna Naan Pizza. You can try burning it or something else, but that would be a different story. The best part that you can whip it up in less than 30 minutes. With a glass of wine, that’s the great protection from any mood, nasty weather, and probably even from being jinxed :)
- 2 naan bread
- 2 medium onions, sliced (about 1 and 1/4 cup sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup tomato/pizza sauce
- 1 can solid tuna, drained
- 1 cup hard/pizza mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Melt the butter over low medium heat and saute the onions and garlic, about 10 minutes, until soft and nice.
- Stir in the balsamic, say sauce, and rosemary, and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Stir in the frozen peas and cook just about 5 minutes, to warm through.
- Arrange the naan bread onto a baking sheet.
- Spread the tomato sauce and the onions. Arrange the tuna and sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden and the cheese has melted.