This Broccoli Cream Cheese Pasta with herbs and pine nuts is a delicious meal which is ready in 30 minutes.
Cookies vs Pasta
Happy Monday, my friends! I hope you’re doing great. Working. And doing other pleasant things. If you have read my previous post, you might remember I’m having a day off today cause it’s a long weekend here in Canada. Yeeey! Thus, you might assume I am doing well as well. Thanks for asking. Sometimes Mondays aren’t that bad, are they?:)
I noticed that I’ve been sharing mostly the recipes for cookies and pasta recently. Seriously, look at the main page.
First I added the recipe for these healthy and scrumptious Multigrain Breakfast Cookies.
3 cookie ideas in a row? Wow! I needed a pause which is why I posted this simple yet yummy Sausage Bacon Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta.
In May I have continued my savory cookies saga with these Apricot Pine Nuts Cheddar Cookies.
Next, I posted this fancy Trout Broccoli Gremolata Pasta Bake.
Unfortunately, my last post went awry, and I published this Creamy Prune Millet Porridge. Even though this porridge is delicious, obviously, it belongs to neither a pasta nor cookie category.
Broccoli Cream Cheese Pasta
However, I am posting this luscious Broccoli Cream Cheese Pasta today so there’s hope I’ll get back on track (Indeed, there’s no hope because I have only one unpublished recipe for savory cookies, and I’m not planning on any pasta or cookies for a while.)
This pasta features all the delicious ingredients like broccoli, garlic, thyme, cream cheese, and pine nuts. Besides, it doesn’t require a lot of your time – it is ready in just 30 minutes or less! Awesome, isn’t it? That’s really a handy meal which you can make after a long day at work.
So perhaps, today, having done with your day full of work, you may make this Broccoli Cream Cheese Pasta. Please, don’t thank me for being that considerate. My pleasure.
- 3 cups dry pasta
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, plain or with herbs /herbs and garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pine nuts, toasted
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling salted water as instructed on package, until al dente. Reserve about 1 cup of water and drain the pasta.
- In a meanwhile, add the butter and oil to a pan and cook the garlic and thyme for a couple of minutes until fragrant and translucent. Add the broccoli and cook 2 minutes. Add a few tablespoons of pasta water and cook a minute-two longer or until the desired texture.
- Off heat. Stir in the cream cheese and mix to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the sauce with the cooked pasta. If it's too thick, add more reserved water from the pasta.
- Let stand a few minutes.