Refreshing and luscious, this Boozy Amaretto Almond Milkshake will help you fight this heat, my friends.
Oh hello Monday, and I can say today I’m happy to see you. First of all, it’s a long weekend coming (Happy #CanadaDay, Canada!) Secondly, it’s s short day in our office on Friday. I mean who wouldn’t like to leave 2,5 hours earlier? Oh, I could do this every single Friday!
And lastly, I’m presenting this fabulous Boozy Amaretto Almond Milkshake. It’s an amazing dessert/cocktail/meal/
Canadian weather is quite comfortable to me. However, there might be a few outrageously sweltering days once in a while. Every time these hot days happen, I don’t feel like eating anything substantial. I might not be willing to eat my favorite summer foods – salads and bruschettas. Normally, everything I crave for is watermelons and cherries. And lavender lemonade.
I know I need some substantial foods, that’s why I eat a lot of ice cream. Hah.
Ice cream might be not the most nutritious product (Although it has some calcium and proteins so it belongs to a list if healthy stuff).
Anyways, every summer you can see lots of ice cream ideas. But this year it’s going to be different. I’m not making any ice cream! Joking again. Relax, folks. I’m such a joker today. Besides, I’ve already shared the recipe for this Prune Cherry Brandy Ice Cream.
The different part is that this Boozy Amaretto Almond Milkshake is the first milkshake idea I’ve posted here. I believe it’s not going to be the only one this summer. I would have never thought of sharing milkshakes (because what could be interesting about them?), but thanks to some food bloggers (Hey, Chey!), I’ve realized a milkshake can be super fancy. And boozy.
What’s great about this Boozy Amaretto Almond Milkshake?
1. It’s cold and nice.
2. It has an amazing almond amaretto flavor.
3. It has a real Amaretto, not a fake.
4. It has a nice, thick, and creamy consistency.
5. It’s fabulously refreshing while still being satisfying and filling. It could be your a dessert, snack or even a complete meal.
6. It has ice cream.
7. It has a lot of ice cream.
Does anyone need to hear more reasons to try this decadent Boozy Amaretto Almond Milkshake? I don’t think so.
Just remember one thing. Although it’s refreshing, don’t forget it has alcohol so be cautious if you’re enjoying it being outside on a hot day.
- 3 tbsp. amaretto or to taste
- 1,5 cups ice cream, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup almond slivers + more for decoration, roasted
- In a cup of your blender place the milk, 1 cup of ice cream, amaretto, and 1/4 cup almonds*. Whiz up for a minute or so until smooth and frosty. Adjust the thickness by adding more ice cream or milk, if necessary.
- Serve immediately with additional scoop of ice cream and sprinkled with the almonds.
* If you prefer a smooth consistency, you can leave out the almonds because they give a lightly crunchy texture.