There’s the great news. This (And only this!) summer I will be sharing a lot of delicious lavender ideas such as this luscious Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Oatmeal.
This recipe was originally posted in June 2016. I have taken and uploaded new photos while the recipe and blogpost remain the same.
Wait. If you have reading this blog for a while, you might have noticed I share lavender recipes all year round. Summer does not mean the only one time I use lavender. I know, guilty.
On the other hand, I am quite right. Summer is such a great season when you can use lavender in so many good ways.
First of all, lavender is a great summer herb on its own so you can make, let’s say, refreshing Lavender Lemonade.
Besides, lavender is beautifully paired with different fruit and berries such as apricots, strawberries, and blueberries. Need examples? There we go. I am a generous guy today.
Let me recommend making this delicious and delicate Lavender Apricot Mascarpone Lavender Cake.
Don’t want to stand near the stove? I understand you. So, you might be interested in this Blueberry Lavender Coconut Ice Cream.
Need to cool down? Make this Strawberry Lavender Lemonade.
Something fabulous and unusual? What about this Blackberry Lavender Pasta?
As you see, there are plenty good ways to jazz up you food by adding lavender. And trust me, this summer I am not going to stop. It’s going to be lavendlous!
To start with, I’ve got this Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Oatmeal. I have already made oatmeal with lavender and white chocolate, and this time I decided to add a little of summer in this bowl! Juicy, creamy (White chocolate introduces a fantastic velvety consistency!), dreamy, and very delicious.
Yup, this Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Oatmeal is kind of a must to try6 this summer. Well, if you don’t like lavender, just don’t include it. That would be another story, though.
Delicious, creamy, and velvety Blackberry Lavender White Chocolate Oatmeal.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I usually take oats which need 4-5 minutes cooking)
- 1 cup water
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon dry lavender, or less/more to taste
- 1 cup of blackberries, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded white chocolate, devided
- In a small saucepan bring water with the salt and lavender to a boil.
- Add the oats and cook, stirring, for a minute at medium heat. Decrease heat, add 2/3 of blackberries, and let the oatmeal simmer for 3-4 minutes or until ready - check info on the package.
- Off heat. Incorporate the 2/3 of white chocolate reserving the remaining to garnish. Fluff with a whisk for a minute and let stand for a minute or two.
- Top with the remaining chocolate and berries.