Delicious, rich, and boozy Baileys White Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream is a perfect way beat the heat!
This post was originally published in October 2015. I have uploaded new photos while the main text and recipe remain unchanged.
I’m dedicating this recipe to my lovely food buddy Cheyanne who is allergic to dark chocolate but luckily isn’t allergic to Baileys.
Or does that sound a bit ambiguous?
Nope, I’m not insinuating that Chey has got a thing with Baileys.
Oh boy, never mind!
I wasn’t planning to post this Baileys White Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream recipe for a few weeks because, as you may know, I’m suffering from the apple and pumpkin flavors. But there’s a great news – having had a short break from blogging Chey has finally come back to us. Time to celebrate. With a huge glass of Bailey’s scoop of ice cream.
The truth is that while making this ice cream (In August!) I clearly realized that this could be a perfect dessert for Chey.
- Ice cream – check
- Doesn’t have dark chocolate – check
- Has white chocolate – check
- Has nuts – check
- Has Baileys – check, check, check…
I mean who would ever reject some Baileys White Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream, eh?
Believe me, Baileys makes the difference.
I know that. You know that. I do believe, Chey knows that.
Besides, there’s nothing bad if a person has a passion. Baileys passion.
I’d better stop saying that or Santa won’t bring me presents.
Originally, I was going to add just a few spoons of the Baileys because alcohol prevents ice cream from being firm. Then I decided to add more because why not? Plus, Chey won’t understand that underuse of the alcohol.
Oh, shut up, Ben.
Indeed, if you don’t have an ice cream maker, this ice cream is a great option for you freezer because the alcohol prevents this ice cream from being icy.
In a nutshell, this Baileys White Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream is one of the most sophisticated versions I’ve ever tried. Soft and delicate, with quite a distinctive Baileys flavor and loads of white chocolate and walnuts. Well, could that ever sound better?
And Baileys. Yes, Baileys.
Baileys White Chocolate Walnut Ice Cream. Delicious dessert with a sophisticated distinctive Baileys flavor. Needless to say more.
- 5 egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup golden sugar
- 1/2 cup Baileys
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 gr. grated white chocolate
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan heat the milk just until it starts to simmer.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the yolks and sugar.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and continue cooking over low heat and not allowing to boil, constantly mixing, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the heavy cream, Baileys, and vanilla extract. Completely cool.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze as recommended in the manual. 5 minutes before the ice cream is ready, add the chocolate and walnuts.
- The ice cream will remain soupy so you place it in the fridge, for up to 6 hours.