This Apricot Pine Nuts Chicken Skillet is a delicious and easy meal which you can prepare during this Easter weekend.
Easter & Co
I cannot believe Easter is around the corner (And almost knocking on the doors and windows). Also, I cannot believe I failed. I haven’t made any holiday dishes. Embarrassing, I know.
Lately, I’ve been missing lots of holidays. I should say all of them except, perhaps, Christmas and Valentine’s. Besides the statutory holidays, there are plenty of food days throughout the year. Even though I like publishing recipes regards one of these days, I’ve been missing them too lately. I believe I missed every single day I might have been interested in last year.
It’s like “Oh, is it a National pancake day today? Why nobody told me that?” “Oh, was it a National pasta day 3,5 weeks ago? I wish I had known that”
I’m afraid, if there was a lavender day, I would miss it too! #BensNightmare
Anyways, a couple of weeks ago I realized Easter was coming. Honestly, I gave up straight away having decided there was no way I would make some holiday deliciousness. And If I could have managed it, the recipes would have likely appeared somewhere in between summer and Thanksgiving.
Apricot Pine Nuts Chicken Skillet
So here we go. Let’s pretend this Apricot Pine Nuts Chicken Skillet would be the perfect Easter dish. The combo of chicken, dried apricots, herbs, and pine nuts is mouthwatering. Besides, the apricots introduce some bright spring colors. Tell me now it’s not an Easter dish.
The great news is it takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. Thus, you can spend more time with your family outside of the kitchen. Also, make sure to check this recipe for Creamy Chicken Breasts with Prunes so you might make this weekend both and then compare which idea you would like more.
Happy Easter, my friends!
P.S. If there’s a Lavender Day, you know you should inform me, don’t you?:)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced (1 cup)
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts, slice with long, even strips about 2-3 cm thick
- 2/3 cup dried pitted apricots, halved
- 1 tsp. Italian/Greek seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet/pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and cook the onions, about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Remove from the skillet.
- In the same skillet place the chicken breasts and cook 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink, at high heat.
- Decrease heat to medium. Return the onions, add the apricots, Italian or Greek seasoning, fresh oregano, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste. Drop 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter which would give a nice brown color to the chicken.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (medium to high medium) or until the chicken is soft and golden.