Apple Prosciutto Brie Crostini with honey, oregano, and pumpkin seeds for the times when you need a quick and delicious snack or even an entire meal.
Apple Prosciutto Brie Crostini
Hello, everyone. Happy Monday or what? I know your feeling, but I hope the Apple Prosciutto Brie Crostini might fix your mood. These crostini bring a lot of flavor and texture. Also, although many people associate bruschetta and crostini with summer, this recipe is a good example that you can enjoy it all year round (Don’t forget to check out these Spiced Maple Apple Crostini too.)
The idea is super simple. The flavour? The flavour game is strong. Lightly toasted baguette, cream cheese, crisp sweet&tart apple slices, a slice of prosciutto, a drizzle of honey, finished with pumpkin seeds and brie. Then this goodness goes into the oven for a minute or so. The result? The prosciutto turning slightly crispy and the brie all melted and gooey. Drizzle with a little more honey, if desired, before serving, and everyone will thank you.
Oh boy, I’m hungry now. And you?
Also, there’s one problem, my friends. I’ve been very inspired, and I’ve been cooking a lot for the last two weeks. Result? I have ended up having 8 new autumn recipes and photos to update six old recipes. Considering that the period before the Christmas season is relatively short (I normally start shooting by the end of November), I probably need to slow down. Perhaps, even stop. Otherwise, I will need to cancel Christmas, and you won’t be happy about me turning into the Grinch, right?
Will see. After all, there are two beautiful months to share all the delicious and colorful food. And trust me, while the Apple Prosciutto Brie Crostini might not be the most exciting idea, there would be a lot of recipes I am pumped to share with you soon.
Cheers for now.
- 7-9 baguette slices
- 1/4 cream cheese, plain or with herbs/garlic
- 1 medium crisp tart&sweet apple, preferably green, slices
- 3-4 prosciutto slices, torn
- 100 gr, brie, sliced
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp. fresh oregano (or thyme)
- Toast the baguette 1-2 minutes on a dry skillet, from both sides. Cool a bit.
- Spread the cream cheese. Top with a slice of prosciutto, few apple slices, some pumpkin seeds, and 1-2 slices of brie. Finish with the oregano and some honey.
- Place in the preheated oven (Grill option if available or temperature of 220 C (440 F) and over for or minute or so. Keep an eye on the crostini as they will start browning quickly.
- Remove from oven and let cool one minute before serving. If desired, you can drizzle with more honey.