This Apple Pancetta Naan Pizza with smoked cheddar and Brie is a delightful way to enjoy the autumn ingredients.
Apple Season and Apple Pancetta Naan Pizza
Hello, my friends! You’ve been waiting this moment long enough. I know. Apples and pumpkins. Now, when it is fall finally, I am going to be sharing many seasonal ideas. Let’s start with this Apple Pancetta Naan Pizza loaded with all the delicious ingredients. Apples sauteed in honey with pancetta and fresh oregano and then paired with cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and Brie. Who’s with me?
However, there’s one fun fact about this pizza. A couple of weeks after I made and photographed the pizza, I was browsing the recipe index, and I realized I had already had a very similar recipe, Apple Bacon Brie Naan Pizza. Hmm, who did I forget that?
Indeed, I was considering to discard the new creation. After many sleepless nights, I’ve decided that although very similar, these are quite different recipes. Let’s count.
Both recipes use:
- Naan bread as the base;
- Cream cheese
- Honey to cook apples
Also, both recipes use different ingredients:
- Bacon vs pancetta
- Sage vs oregano
Lastly, some ingredients used only in one of the recipes:
- Walnuts in the first version
- Onions in the first recipe
- Smoked cheddar in the second recipe
Is it clear now that these are different recipes? This comprehensive data analysis helped me to make the decision. The Apple Pancetta Naan Pizza meant to be! After all, two pizza recipes are better than one, right?
I hope you enjoy either of these recipes one day. What would be your favourite?
- 2 naan bread
- 1 large sweet&sour apple, cubed
- 1/2 tsp. coconut or other kind of oil
- 1 tsp. honey
- fresh oregano or other herbs to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cubed pancetta
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated smoked cheddar
- 100-125 gr. brie, torn
- Heat the coconut (or other) or in a pan and cook the apples, 1 minute. Add the pancetta and cook 2 minute more, until lightly crispy. Stir in the honey, oregano, and pepper and cook 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Arrange the Naan bread on a baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese over the Naan bread and spread the apple topping. Sprinkle with the Brie and smoked cheddar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and slightly golden.