There are many things in the World that go together.
Or that at least are associated with each other.
Like Christmas and Snow and Christmas and Santa. In the first example, it’s been different for the last decade than it used to be (even in the Northen countries). In the second one, you may not believe in Santa, but he’s still a significant part of the holiday season.
But don’t be afraid folks. I’m not going to be talking about climate change. I’m not that nerd dude you may consider. I’ve recently lost my “nerd” version and haven’t found it yet.
Let’s talk about food associations!
Italy – Pasta
Tomatoes – Basil
Cinderella Jack-o-Lantern Pumpkin Pie
Coffee – Breakfast
Pumpkins, Apples, Persimmons, and Pomegranates – Fall
Ben – Lavender Lavender – Chocolate
Lavender – Everything
Apple – Pecans
Pecans – Maple Syrup
Absolutely, these two combos are the winners. My personal fall winners. Remember butter tarts?
And now imagine how all these 3 ingredients work together in this Apple Maple Pecan Crumble. Perfect marriage. Well, that marriage might be a bit different due to 3 participants. But if not joking (Remember I’ve lost my nerd version so laughing is okay for me), this combo a must to try this fall, my dear friends!
Indeed, first time I made this Apple Maple Pecan Crumble last year, and it turned out to be that great that I decided to repeat. That’s quite an uncommon thing to do for me – it really should be an outstanding recipe. And it is. As you see, with my ‘nerd’ version I’ve lost my sense of modesty. In fact, this dessert is that delicious that Andrew asked me to repeat this year. That’s another remarkable sign.
Needless to say, he hasn’t got it yet – I’ve got to try a lot of delicious pumpkin and apple recipes this season. But I may make this one soon. Maybe next fall, haha.
What I like about any crumbles, they are easy to make and don’t require a lot of ingredients, with almost always perfect results.
Like this Apple Maple Pecan Crumble. Sounds awesome, right?
Your apple crumble couldn’t be better!
Perhaps, only Apple Lavender Crumbler. Great idea indeed, Ben!
But what about you, folks? Do you have favorite food pairs? Have you ever tried apples, pecans, and maple syrup together? What’s the best pair for lavender, in your book?
Succulent tart apples, buttery pecans and dulcet maple syrup make this delicious Apple Maple Pecan Crumble.
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, for greasing
- 3-4 apples (better different kinds and tart), sliced or cubed
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, chopped or grated
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons golden sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon maple extract/flavour (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (could take a bit more or less)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (360 degrees F). Grease a baking dish with the butter. Place the apples in the dish and pour over the maple syrup.
- For the topping, combine the chopped butter, pecans, sugar, maple syrup, and flavor. Gradually incorporate the flour (you may need a bit less/more flour). Blend with your fingers until the mixture forms crumbs.
- Scatter the crumbs over the fruit and place in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. If the top has started to brown fast, cover the top with a piece of foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly. Enjoy!