With the holiday season approaching quickly, this delicious and festive Apple Maple Pecan Cheeseball packed with the flavour and texture will feed a crowd.
Hello, everyone. Well, believe it or not, we’re celebrating (Canadian) Thanksgiving in a couple of days. What? WOW. Do you know what does this mean? As I said, the holiday season is approaching us, and you can not help it but accept this fact. Halloween, American Thanksgiving, Christmas. It is happening, folks. So, grab a seat, relax, and enjoy this luscious Apple Maple Pecan Cheeseball.
The good thing about being a food blogger living in Canada is that you can celebrate Thanksgiving twice. It doesn’t mean you need to celebrate American Thanksgiving with a festive meal, but I have some extra time to develop and share with you some holiday ideas. Don’t thank me for this; I am being generous.
This Apple Maple Pecan Cheeseball is a delicious appetizer all year round, and it’s also an awesome choice for any celebration. Packed with apples sautéed in butter and maple syrup, herbs, smoked cheddar, and roasted pecans, this cheese ball screams “Thanksgiving”, in my humble opinion.
It is perfect for a crowd or just for a small family. But I need to alarm you that this bad guy is extremely addictive. Andrey and I finished it together…less than in 3 days! We had it for breakfast (It’s perfect with a cup of coffee), snacks, and probably instead of dessert too :)
Please be aware that because of apples and some juices, this cheese ball will require more time to firm up, up to four hours, so plan this recipe accordingly.
And trust me: your family and friends will appreciate this stunning and delicious Apple Maple Pecan Cheeseball.
- 1 cub finely cubed apples (preferably tart or semi-sweet)
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- Few drops of maple flavour (optional)
- 400 gr. plain cream cheese, room temperature
- 1,5 to 2 cups of grated smoked cheddar
- 1 to 1,5 cups of pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the apples, 3 to 5 minutes (Depending on the type. We don’t need to overcook them, only to soften up a bit).
- Add in the maple syrup, cinnamon, thyme, and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in some maple flavour, if desired. Off heat and let cool for a while.
- In a bowl (or food processor for a quicker process) combine the cream cheese and cheddar and mix until just combined. Add the apples and some of the apple-maple sauce (2 to 3 tablespoons). You can always incorporate more smoked cheese, to thicken up.
- The mixture will remain very soft and too spreadable. Refrigerate it for about 30 minutes then remove and shape it into a bowl (It will still be rather soft). Cover with the chopped pecans slightly pressing them into the ball.
- Refrigerate for another 30 minutes or so. Check it now, and if you’re not satisfied with the shape, you can now fix it as the cheese ball will have firmed up by this point. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Depending on how much apple-maple sauce you’ve incorporated, it might take up to a couple of hours.