This delicious Apple Bacon Walnut Salad with an easy cranberry dressing is a delightful way to enjoy some beautiful autumn flavours.
Apple Bacon Walnut Salad
Hello, my friends, hello November! Wait a minute. Is it November already? The November when our neighbors are celebrating Thanksgiving just in a couple of weeks? The November when the pumpkin decorations will gradually be switched to Christmas ones? The November when (I assume) many (most?) food bloggers start thinking of Christmas recipes because they think and plan ahead?
I see. What are we waiting then, my friends? We’ve got to enjoy all the apples, pumpkins, and Rowen berries. Certainly, I suggest you drop whatever you are doing now and enjoy this scrumptious Apple Bacon Walnut Salad. It’s packed with many fall flavours and textures! Honeycrisp apples and walnuts lightly sauteed in maple syrup, cranberries, and, of course, a traditional fall flavour, bacon, haha. Anyway, it’s delicious, satisfying, and easy to fix.
There’s nothing complicated in this cranberry dressing. Did you think I created an elegant dressing this time? Spent hours? Hah! I just dropped some canned cranberry sauce in a blender and whipped it up. But in my excuse, I elevated it a bit by adding orange, ginger, and cinnamon. Still, it took me just 37 seconds, and this time included the time I opened a can and checked my Instagram.
All right, I am not going to hold your attention too long today. I bet you have a lot of things to handle, e.x. preparing for Friday, brainstorming Christmas ideas, and enjoying this Apple Bacon Walnut Salad.
Cheers for now.
- 100 gr. low-fat (Like back bacon) bacon, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 2 large sweet&tart apples, like Honeycrisp, cubed
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2-3 cups salad (I used kale and spinach)
- 100-125 gr. brie,broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup whole berries cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- a good pinch of dried ginger and cinnamon, each
- a little pinch of all spice
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan and cook the bacon (If you're using regular pork bacon, omit the butter and just allow the bacon fats to melt), 2 minutes.
- Add the apples and walnuts, and saute 2 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook, stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes, until desired texture (The apples should be softer but not mushy).
- Divide the salad between serving plates and top with the apples and brie. Drizzle with the cranberry sauce.
- To make the sauce, just put the cranberry sauce and orange juice in a blender and process then add the seasonings to taste and whip up again,