This Apple Bacon Brie Naan Pizza with caramelized onions, walnuts, sage, and cream cheese is a hearty and delicious autumnal kind of pizza.
Hi, friends! I hope you’re doing well, and you’re enjoying this fall. Talking about fall, we’ve been having unusually warm weather. It’s been around 17-20 degrees C daily with a couple of days, like today, having reached almost 30! According to the weather forecast, it’s going to be around 14-17 until end of October although you shouldn’t trust these people predicting the weather. We’ll see how it goes.
I have a couple of interesting stories to share with you (A little hint: some animals might or might not be involved). However, I’ll keep them for my next posts. I’ve been a little upset today to concentrate on writing.
My camera got broken! It happened just all of a sudden while I was shooting some food today. Imagine: having successfully taken a few hundreds of pictures, a thick black stripe appeared on the screen and the photographs. So I rushed to the store to leave the camera to be fixed. That’s gut we purchased an extended warranty until 2019! Anyways, it’s sad to stay without the camera for a few weeks, especially with some holiday seasons around the corner. The good thing is that I have enough material for another few weeks. But I might try using my old camera even though I probably won’t be satisfied with the quality of the pictures after 2 years of using my current camera.
Apple Bacon Brie Naan Pizza
Perhaps, I just take a few weeks of rest. We’ll see.
In a meanwhile, let’s enjoy this Apple Bacon Brie Naan Pizza. Talking about the pictures, although I took them a month ago with my, at that point working, camera, I don’t really like the results. I even thought of discarding the photographs, but then I decided that this pizza is the way too delicious not to share with you.
I mean, onions caramelized in balsamic and honey, with fragrant bacon and sage, and sweet&tart apples on delicious naan bread and topped with walnuts and brie. Do you need anything more?
So just take a slice of this Apple Bacon Brie Naan Pizza and wish me luck with my camera :)
- 2 naan breads
- 4 tbsp. cream cheese
- 125-150 gr. brie, torn
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large apple, preferable honey crisp, cubed (1 cup cubed)
- 2-3 bacon strips, cut in small pieces
- 1 small red onion (2/3 cup sliced)
- few sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. balsamic
- 1 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the bacon in a medium pan/skillet and cook 3-4 minutes over low medium heat until the fat has melted.
- Add the onions and sage and cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in the balsamic and honey, cook about 2 minutes until the onions are caramelized.
- Add the apples and saute just 1-2 minutes until slightly soften. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread the cream cheese over the naan bread and top with the apple topping. Sprinkle with the walnuts and brie. Bake in the preheated oven for about 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and slightly golden.